Video interviews are becoming the norm in the job interview process. Not 100% sure how to do a great video interview? Have no fear. Our Recruiters have you covered with tips that will make your video interview worthy of an Oscar. So get your acceptance speech ready.
• Dress as if you are going onsite for the interview. You feel better and act more confident when you are put together.
• Remove distractions from the background. Have a clean wall behind you and sit at a clean desk or table. You want the client focusing on you and not the décor in the room.
• Most video interviews are done with Skype or Zoom. There are free versions you can download, so ask a family member or friend to sign up so you can do a test run with them.
• Record a test interview. Replay it to see if the sound comes through properly, if you are in focus, etc. Then you can replicate it for the real interview.
• Smile, speak slowly and clear.
• Practice speaking in front of a mirror so you can see how you look.
• Set up ahead of time so you are ready to go. Make sure your microphone is on and headset prepared if you are using one.
• Limit your hand gestures because they can “stutter” on your computer screen.